- Categories: Editorial, Travel •
- Tags: illustrated postcards, illustration, joel kimmel, outdoor life, postcards, road trip, travel •
- Comments Off on Outdoor Life Road Trip Postcards •
- by jkadmin
I had the chance to illustrate some fun and colourful postcards for Outdoor Life for a feature about hunting and travel/road trips. Each card required a certain number of images to represent the location, some touristy things to do and the type of hunting to be done there. This was a ton of work but I love how the whole package came together.
- Categories: Sports, Travel •
- Tags: doune castle painting, edradour whisky, moulin scotland, paintings, peebles, plein air drawings, scotland sketches, watercolor sketches •
- Comments Off on Sketches from Scotland •
- by jkadmin
I took a three week trip to Scotland in June fully expecting to work in about 8 plein air paintings. Unfortunately, as you may have heard, it rains a lot there. Finding the right time and place when it wasn’t raining proved to be more difficult than expected so I was only able to work on a few paintings.
There was one day on the Knoydart Peninsula after 2 exciting days of horseback riding when there was just a bit of mist in the air and I decided to go outside to do a painting. Well, when it isn’t raining and the air is still, the midges come out. They are these little fruit fly type bugs that bite a little, but are mostly irritating. I had squished about a dozen on my sketchbook page before I got a few lines drawn, so that was the end of that.
Here are the few I managed to paint when the skies were clear.